Location: Switzerland - Meyrin/Geneva
Division: Technical Operations
Company: OM Pharma
Seniority Level: Internship
OM Pharma, Geneva, is searching for a Bio Process Development Trainee, to support the Product & Industrial Development Department on site.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Commissioning of a pilot fermenter (40 L): performance assessment, security aspects management, regulation loop test, writing of user instructions
- Maintenance plan description (list of spare parts, controls, frequency)
- Development and assays for a comparability model of microbial cultures of industrial scale
- Strategy definition, rationalization of assays by design of experiment, experiences preparation and implementation
- Batch record and traceability of assays and studies report writing
- Results presentation for the comparability model assessment (benefits and limits of the model)
For this position, we are looking for the following profile:
- Engineer or Master Student in life science, microbiology, microorganism fermentation
- Basic knowledge of analytical methods for bacterial culture characterization, fermentation metabolite dosage, dry residues
- Knowledge on bacterial handling standards, class 2 pathogen bacterial strains handling
- Biochemical, process engineering and oxygen-transfer measurement knowledge would be an advantage
- Fluency in French (oral and written)
- Fluency in English would be of advantage
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to interact professionally and productively in a cross-functional environment. You have attention to detail and work to high ethical standards and integrity. You act as a role model for the OM Pharma values.
OM Pharma is a global Geneva-based Biotech company. It is a leader in the prevention of recurrent respiratory and urinary tract infections and is also active in the treatment of vascular diseases.
It operates worldwide through a strong network of international partners and continues to invest into R&D to develop microbial derived immunotherapeutic products addressing acute and chronic immunological disorders resulting from infections and inflammation. OM Pharma is operating to highest Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards which rely on a high level of Biotech competencies and experienced teams.
The company strives to help patients around the world to live better lives by allowing access to a better management of infectious diseases and immunological imbalances.
For more information, please visit: ompharma.com.