Reporting to the Senior Director of Commercial Learning and Development, the Associate Commercial Learning and Development Director will build and implement the sales training program focused on ensuring sales success. The company training function will use in-depth clinical and sales knowledge, as well as general field-related experience, specific product and marketplace knowledge, to facilitate sales and clinical education training sessions for the Commercial team.
Develop Sales Training Content
- Work with Sr. Director of Commercial Learning and Development to set sales training objectives and plan through partnership with commercial stakeholders.
- Design and build the company field sales training curriculum, including home study materials.
- Involve Marketing, Field Sales, Human Resources, and Medical/Legal/Regulatory departments in content decisions.
Oversee Field Training Program Implementation
- Build on training curriculum content to develop workshops and future regional/national meetings.
- Update training program and curriculum as necessary, based on performance metrics and needs assessments.
- Ensure that all training initiatives and programs are fully supported and documented within compliance standards.
- Attend major medical meetings, such as ASN, as well as training development meetings, such as LTEN.
- Develop and adhere to sales training budget.
- Source and manage vendors.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in training
- Demonstrated ability to build sales training programs
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design skills, including training technologies and their optimal uses (e-learning, gamification)
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and provide clear direction on project timelines and priorities
- Computer literacy with appropriate software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Travel required for meetings and field visits
- MBA or other Master’s degree
- Active membership in LTEN and/or ATD
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.