We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Computational Biologist / Data Scientist in our CSL Vifor R&D group located within the Bio-Technopark in Schlieren. A successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic and interactive research team contributing to the discovery of novel therapeutic targets in the field of nephrology translational research. In this position, a strong foundation in life sciences, human genetics and computational sciences will enable the candidate to contribute to the early drug discovery pipeline of the company.
Your responsibilities and Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Analysis, integration, visualization, and interpretation of different types of omics data, including genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and proteomics
- Application of computational biology, biostatistical methodology and machine learning approaches to molecular analysis of data from preclinical research as well as internally generated and public clinical data.
- Building hypothesis for target identification based on results from omics experiments including correlation with clinical endpoints
- Generation and comparison of molecular signatures, pathway- and network- analyses
- Collaboration with internal and external experimental research teams in target and biomarker identification
- Presentation of complex biological data with a sound interpretation to internal and external stakeholders
What we require from you:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc in life sciences and PhD in computational biology, data science, biomedical informatics, or a related field. Postdoctoral or work experience after the PhD in industry or academic environment is a plus.
- Advanced programming skills (python, R, SQL); proficient in using database query languages
- Advanced knowledge on data science and visualization concepts
- Experience with data management principles (FAIR), standards, methods, and platforms
- Experience handling structured and unstructured data (laboratory data, clinical data, real-world data or other relevant data is a big plus)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- Excellent knowledge of computational methods for the analysis, integration, and interpretation of high-throughput biological data from sequencing and array-based technologies
- Experience with the analysis of single-cell transcriptomics data
- Publication track record for application of computational biology approaches in complex experimental systems
- Experience in building of scientific hypothesis based on multi-omics data preferably in the nephrology therapeutic area
- Sound understanding of cell and molecular biology with a focus in kidney physiology as well as interest for further learning
- Innovative, entrepreneurial attitude and a solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team and think creatively as an individual
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German is a plus
If you are interested and you are a strong team player, proactive, flexible with very good communication skills, processes & compliance as well as a strong commitment to quality and accuracy then we would very much like to hear from you.