Location: United States - Field based
Seniority Level: Manager
Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, Veltassa® is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa®.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Division Sales Manager leads a team of Territory Account Managers to grow sales by managing funds and resources and working closely with internal and external partners to support brand goals..
Drive Division Strategy
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business across the Division and coach and guide team members to increase their effectiveness and overall results
- Provide input and drive the strategic and tactical plan at both the Regional and Division levels
- Leverage and adhere to assigned Division operational budget, managing funds and resources towards maximizing sales and ROI
- Collaborate with other divisions such as Marketing, Sales & Operations, Training & Development, and Managed Care to achieve goals
Build an Impactful Team
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop Territory Account Managers
- Establish clear roles, objectives and metrics, and hold team members accountable to those standards
- Assess the Territory Account Managers’ performance relative to standards of expectation; provide feedback; recognize and reward success
- Coach and guide team members to build skills and increase performance
Territory: Southern California and Hawaii
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated success in field management defined as consecutive years of increased sales or market share
- 3 years’ experience as a district/division manager
- Renal and cardiology sales leadership experience
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs and stock options reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Relypsa, Inc., a Vifor Pharma Group company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage medicines in the iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapeutic areas. Relypsa is committed to delivering innovative therapies and improving the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated. The Companys first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was approved by the U.S. FDA in October 2015, making it the first approved medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years. More information is available at www.relypsa.com or check out our LinkedIn page.