Vifor Pharma, a world leading Nephrology, Iron Deficiency and Cardio-Renal pharmaceutical company, is experiencing rapid growth due to pipeline realization and optimization. As such we are looking to expand our UK Medical function with the addition of a field medical advisor to support development and commercialization of our products.
- Provides Medical input to the development and review of ethical promotional materials and strategies in conjunction with the local marketing department as part of a brand team to ensure compliance with the ABPI
- Act as a medical resource for the Company working with local Management, Marketing, Market Access and Medical departments, to support the optimal use of company products
- Represent the company to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, regulatory groups at international scientific meetings
- Represent medical affairs externally, to establish and maintain medical engagements with KOLs, HCPs and key accounts, on behalf of the Company
- Provides company representation in Advisory Boards and key conference activities
- Maintenance of own medical and scientific knowledge
- Adherence to own professional Codes of Practice and engagement with accreditation / revalidation
- processes as required
- Consistent demonstration of Vifor Values
- Provide Medical affairs resource in the field
- Field based activity & travel as required
- Home or Affiliate Office based work as required
- Medical support for tactics such as campaign / materials updates
- Support for Investigator Initiated Studies
- Management of company sponsored Phase IV studies
- Management of publication planning
- Medical input into content development and outputs for symposia, workshops,
- Advisory Boards
- Provides medical and scientific expertise for the UK organization
- Constantly develops knowledge and expertise in key therapeutic areas
- Engagement with external experts and thought leaders as required to meet
- objectives of the Medical Affairs Plan
- Specific projects and duties as required by line manager
- Medical support for the Medical Information and Drug Safety departments
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal, relationship building and
- negotiation communication skills together with the ability to provide clear and
- concise moderately complex analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Must have an understanding of local UK and Ireland compliance and regulatory
- requirements, and preferably demonstrate an understanding of the material sign
- off process
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand moderately complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to Medical, Marketing, Market access and Sales Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as part of a brand team, and show awareness of the medical role within a brand team
- Must be able to utilize moderately complex scientific resources for presentations in
- a variety of different settings
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- High standards and attention to detail.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically
acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or
- Qualified, registered medical doctor, pharmacist (MBBS/MPharm, GMC/GPhC
- registration, postgraduate degree desirable) or PhD in a life science.
- Clinical patient contact experience.
- Understanding of Pharmacovigilance systems and the regulatory environment.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience in clinical trials such as management or investigator.
- Experience in working as part of a brand team in a Medical Affairs business