The Financial Controller will be responsible for the financial area of Accounting and Controlling, playing a key role in the finances of the two group companies and who will provide financial and business analysis for decision making. He will report directly to the Finance Director. He is a key member of the global finance team at Sanifit providing support for controlling and accounting operations for the Group. The Financial Controller will be responsible for day to day support to our external BPO and reviewing data in the ERP system, monthly and quarterly closings, as well as various ad hoc projects. Your role and responsibilities will be the following, but not limited to:
- Manage all accounting operations including AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Preparing month-end closings and all needed reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Support preparing reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintain financial operating and internal control processes. Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Support in the preparation of Budget and forecast as well to ensure planning / budgeting / forecasting are always in sync with business requirements.
- Liaise with and support external and internal audit matters.
- Support for tax preparation in Spain.
- Promote the continuous improvement of the department and the optimization of costs.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
Job Complexity, Discretion and Interaction
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Interacts with all levels of internal staff, as well as with external partners and vendors.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance or Accounting; complemented with CFA or CPA degree.
- Three or four years of accounting and controlling experience in Pharma, Biotech or Services company. Preferably 1 or 2 years of Big4 experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Experienced with IFRS and Spanish GAAP. U.S. GAAP is a plus but is not required.
- Excellent analytical skills balanced with strong soft skillset and desire to work with all levels of the organization to drive change and add value.
- Ability to perform day to day work in English is required.
- Proficiency using Office (Excel) and ERP.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with continuous changes.