CSL Vifor is currently undergoing unprecedented growth and portfolio expansion, in preparation for the imminent strengthening and diversification of our assets list, we are currently recruiting for a Launch Lead for our UK & Ireland affiliate. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a key role in the expansion and transformation of CSL Vifor. As a Launch Lead you will define strategy for new brands, communicate and align with all departments and their goals. The Launch Lead will develop and implement strategic and operational marketing plans which will deliver the desired levels of implementation and advocacy that we require. The role reports to the Head of Marketing and is based in Staines-upon-Thames (hybrid work). Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Build and effectively use customer insight as a basis for marketing strategy
- Gain approval for and effectively implement strategic and operational plans with appropriate budgets.
- Develop key message platforms for the brands and ensure they are effectively communicated to customers through scientific and commercial multi channels.
- Support the field teams by developing high quality, customer focused communication materials which align with the brand strategy.
- Monitor brand performance through a variety of qualitative and quantitative data sources and take appropriate action.
- Support market access activities as appropriate as part of cross –functional teams.
- Forecast sales and recommend Latest Estimates during the financial planning cycle.
- Manage forecasting for supply chain through an 18 month rolling forecast.
- Monitor and control expenditure within the marketing budget.
- Build external relationships with partners and customers.
- Build and maintain a high level of disease knowledge and credibility with physicians.
- Build effective and influential relationships with relevant HQ staff.
- Manage promotional activity within the appropriate Code of Practice.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- Scientific or Economics Degree
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in commercial functions with 3-5 years in a UK operational marketing role
- A track record of successful brand building, especially in the specialist medicine setting
- Demonstrable competence in all aspects of strategic and operational marketing including leading effective implementation
- A passion for brand building through insight, intelligence and evidence which turns ideas into results
- Proven track record of leading teams to outstanding sales achievement
- Experience with NHS funding and commissioning processes
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ABPI qualification
- Experience in VPUK therapeutic areas (Nephro, Gastro, COOP, Cardio)
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment
- Ability to determine the appropriate course of business action to achieve company goals within diverse stakeholder agendas.
- Strong networking and stakeholder management skills
- Broad scientific, pharmacoeconomic and medical knowledge, with continuous expansion and learning ability.