Vifor Pharma has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Director to be based in Dubai and be responsible for providing legal support in Middle East, North Africa, Israel, Turkey, South Africa. The incumbent will be a member of the leadership team in the MENA region (Middle East North Africa) and have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with high visibility to senior management team.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• To provide general legal advice and support in legal matters to the Vifor Pharma Regional organizations. Post integration with CSL, the scope of the role is likely to expand.
• To provide legal advice and draft/review agreements concerning interactions with HCPs, HCOs (speaker and advisory board engagements), distribution agreements in the Regions, service and consultancy agreements and site-related projects, clinical trial agreements (including IISs), research and grant agreements and agreements regarding regional medical and marketing initiatives, establish PoAs for regulatory purposes, employment law matters
• To establish and implement global and local procedures in close collaboration with Vifor Pharma headquarter legal team
• To liaise with third parties’ (e.g. Vifor Pharma’s commercialization partners) legal representatives, external counsels and authorities where necessary to address and resolve legal issues and assure Vifor Pharma’s optimum legal position in contractual relations and obligations in the regions
• To regular and close alignment, interaction and exchange with the Vifor Pharma headquarter legal team as well as legal counsels based outside of HQ
• To act as primary contact for external legal counsels in the regions, as selected and retained in line with the Vifor Pharma headquarter legal function.
• Corporate Legal : handle recurring (annually as well as day-to-day) corporate legal tasks for the Vifor Pharma affiliates in the Regions in close collaboration with the HQ corporate legal team, including (i) Prepare (in collaboration with local counsel), issue, and file - as required - the approval of annual accounts by the BoDs and AGMs of VP Representative Office Dubai (ii) Further corporate legal tasks and corporate resolutions on an as needed basis, such as e.g. changes in BoDs, issuance of new PoAs, or the update of corporate registers.
• Strong business and personal ethics and integrity,
• Minimum 10 years of experience in law in the Regions,
• Minimum 10 years of experience in global pharma (ideally listed in US or Europe),
• Experience with sanctions, trade & export controls US/EU/CH, anti-trust law, digital
• Strong network in the region to keep abreast of latest developments and changes in legislation
• Experience of operating in a partner business set up with complex products (biologics, small molecule, cold chain etc)
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise regional demands
• Ability to navigate through complex situations and ambiguity
• Resilience to cope with high pressure and a variety of stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and to act with authority and conviction
• "Hands-on" mentality i.e. solution-oriented work style