The Manager /Sr. Manager, Business Analytics will have primary responsibility for serving the Commercial organization with its data reporting and analytics needs. Projects may include, but are not limited to: performance reporting and analysis, dashboard design and maintenance, forecasting. Strategic Insights and Analytics (SI&A’s) primary function is to collect, maintain, analyze, and report information from multiple sources to help the commercial organization and executive management to effectively run their businesses and make data-driven strategic decisions.
Key Measures of Success
· Ability to execute a variety of projects for the Commercial Analytics function
· Deliver actionable insights
· Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and represent Strategic Insights and Analytics (SI&A) team on cross-functional teams
- Produce and publish weekly and monthly KPI tracking reports.
- Design and maintain new dashboards and tracking reports.
- Interact with key stakeholders across the Commercial Organization to design and execute analytic projects addressing key business questions.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent:
· BS in Life Sciences, Business, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Data Science, or Engineering
· Minimum 4 years of overall healthcare industry experience (6 years for Sr. Manager)
· Minimum 1 year of experience in commercial analytics (3 years for Sr. Manager)
· Fluency in MS PowerPoint, Excel
· Good understanding of pharmaceutical databases (e.g., IQVIA, DRG, SHA)
· Ability to travel 10-15% with some international travel required
· Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in relevant fields
· Prior experience in advanced analytical tools (e.g. R, Python)
· Prior experience in management consulting or in health insurance industry
· Majority of work experience in life sciences sector
· Proximity to San Francisco Bay area
- Prioritizes, adapts to and executes on business goals
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and effective collaboration
- Displays presentation skills (verbal and/or written) that inform, inspire, and persuade
- Plans and organizes resources to concurrently manage multiple tasks
- Possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Consistently demonstrates compliant behaviour consistent with respect to regulatory, legal, corporate and cultural values of CSL Vifor