The Director of Marketing, Payer/Market Access for CSL Vifor is a critical role responsible for the market access strategy for Veltassa, Korsuva, and Future growth products. This includes cross-functional leadership ensuring the alignment, integration, and profitable implementation of market access and pricing strategy across customers. The strategy will support all aspects of the commercial plan and maximize brand performance. The Market Access role is a pivotal function that also helps support strong relationships and fuel growth in key customer markets in alignment with each respective Brand Team. The Market Access Director will be expected to adjust plans as needed based on market response and results and to communicate regularly with senior management regarding brand performance and strategic direction.
• Lead positive and proactive collaboration among the Brands team, other functional teams, and strategic partners (e.g., agencies, alliance organizations, customers as applicable) to ensure cooperation, shared responsibility in commercialization activities, sustained customer and field engagement, and business performance.
• Manage and oversee Market Access plans and relevant brand business issues requiring coordination across the functions of Payer Marketing, Global Value Access Policy, Field Sales, Account Management, Patient Access, Sales, Legal, Medical, Regulatory, other (internal) departments, and external partners.
• Generate and consolidate key insights across Payers, HCPs, and patient stakeholders (through market research, ad boards, etc.) to support VP of Market Access in supporting MA strategies.
• Manage customer-facing responsibilities in partnership with Account Management to maintain strong relationships with customers and demonstrate strong knowledge of pharmacy and medical benefit coverage and/or reimbursement methodologies. Facilitate Market Access content during quarterly business reviews.
• Partner in CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) policy efforts with patient advocacy and government policy colleagues.
• Develop cost and coverage messages designed to facilitate effective pull-through and overall communication of formulary dynamics with HCPs and office staff. Work closely with cross-functional colleagues to evolve payer value proposition and identify opportunities to address payer dynamics.
• Partner with patient services & advocacy colleagues to identify and implement initiatives to enable patient access to CSL Vifor products and ensure the success of critical resources.
• Manage Agency of Record, budget and ensure the right level of resourcing to support and implement the Market Access strategy and tactics.
• Ensure appropriate communication, integration and collaboration across Payer and HCP strategy and tactical plans.
• Deliver recommendations to leadership on price and access strategies, payer strategy, pricing and reimbursement, evidence generation, data collection, and value proposition.
• Lead, manage, and develop direct report to support all marketing initiatives and execution of plans.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or related field is required.
• 6+ years in brand or market access or managed markets marketing
• Experience in prior customer-facing roles.
• Expertise in classical branding and marketing to leverage customer perceptions of differentiation and maintain brand loyalty in a highly competitive category; analytic and strategic thinking to lead evaluation and prioritization of investment options – including Sales Analytics & Insights, and field investment (which is shared with other products).
• Leadership experiences and capabilities, including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop, and coach others, oversee, and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes, and create business impact.
• Experience role-modeling and instilling a culture of compliance that’s focused on ethics and integrity in all we do.
• Experience working with and/or developing tactics for diverse audiences and complex marketplaces.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
• Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements common to the pharmaceutical industry, including pre- and post-approval activities, and model what’s expected to the team.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, courage to ask, “how might we?” and “why?” and an ability to successfully challenge status quo to develop innovative creative solutions to complex problems.
• Strong written communication skills, presentation delivery, and interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment.
• A solid compliance mindset and demonstrated integrity on the job.
• Ability to travel 20-30% (this is a remote job).
• MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
• Broad Market Access Marketing experience with Part D, buy/bill, Part B and/or specialty distribution.
• Launch experience in rare disease and/or specialty products.
• Medical Benefit and Pharmacy Benefit reimbursement knowledge.
• People Management.
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.