Reporting to the VP, Market Access, the Market Access Strategy Director will lead the development of market access and marketing strategies and tactics to support the Market Access team for Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s inline and future launch products. This talented individual must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, drive for results, understand market dynamics, demonstrate excellent judgment, and be motivated by the desire to improve patients' lives.
- Including, but not limited to the following
- Responsible for the building and coordinating with Market Access leadership of standardized and ad hoc PPT presentations for internal market access communications and KPI reviews.
- Collaborate with marketing on product and customer strategies to support brand value propositions and secure market access/formulary acceptance of Vifor products.
- Lead the alignment of market access materials to support the overall brand strategy.
- Lead and assist Market Access field teams in defining and executing customer specific access strategies.
- Exhibit ownership and accountability for all projects and internal assignments.
- Work closely with legal and regulatory departments to ensure proper compliance.
- Main point of contact for Market Access team collaborating with marketing in value proposition development for all promoted products.
- Maintain relationships and attend key organizational meetings and conferences such as AMCP, NAMCP, Assembia.
- Oversight for managing Market Access Operational Budget.
- Provide leadership and development to internal and external matrix teams
- Review and analyze product performance at all levels of the Market Access organization and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders
- Adhere to relevant regulatory guidelines
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Minimum of a B.A/B.S. required
- A minimum of 10 years successful pharmaceutical experience.
- A minimum of 6-10 years successful experience in account management in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive managed care and account management experience.
- Experience and expertise in payer marketing.
- In-depth knowledge of current trends in regulation, contracting, and reimbursement.
- Experience in working with HEOR, understanding the effects of policy changes on the Managed Care environment and communicating the influence of these on strategy to all stakeholders
- Highly successful and demonstrated experience implementing pull-through programs.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve goals on time while delivering high quality results.
- Strong understanding of the legal and regulatory environment along with demonstrated integrity on the job.
- Outstanding corporate environment, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data sets to determine trends and establish strategies.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of current trends in the Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare, and Government channels as well as an understanding of current healthcare regulations, contracting, and reimbursement.
- MBA preferred