Company: Vifor Pharma
Seniority Level: Senior Manager
Reporting to the Director, Marketing, and as a member of the marketing team, the Marketing - Sr. Manager will be responsible for the implementation of promotional tactics as well as medical marketing efforts in the treatment of hyperkalemia to HCPs. Duties will include management and development of creating derivative sales promotional tools, lead conference planning, manage the branded and disease speaker’s bureau, KOL relationships, Advisory Boards, while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Implement promotional tactical plan (60%)
- Lead the development of select HCP tactics/tools for sales representatives.
- Execute segments of brand promotion on Healthcare Provider (HCP) tactics to drive brand/portfolio performance with a focus in nephrology and cardiology.
- Helps manage communication channel activities for brand including personal and non-personal promotion (NPP) as well as peer-to-peer activities.
- Plans and develops tactics aligned with predefined strategies and establishes timelines and budgets with minimal oversight.
- Manages the promotional approval process of material.
- Leads management of Commercial Pilots resulting in on time deliverables, within budget, and insights that can be acted on.
- Support field selling efforts (e.g., inventory management, field convention support, and speaker program portal)
- Develop market access tools for sales force
- Manage vendors, partner agencies, etc. to ensure tactical and financial objectives are met.
- Serves as liaison to MSD team and provides needed marketing materials.
- Manages the necessary medical/legal review of all content developed for promotional medical education.
- Ensures that all marketing activities comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Lead Field Advisory Board and share insights to brand team.
- Support in tactical implementation in new product launch.
Develop and Implement Medical Education Programming (40%)
- Manage both disease state and branded bureau programs:
- Identify, develop, and manage speakers for Veltassa
- Facilitate content development for presentations
- Closely manages budget within scope
- Communicate metrics to leadership team
- Lead efforts around congress planning and execution including all materials and events during the conference
- Develop initiatives to engage with KOLs
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science required, or comparable experience
- 8+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in pharmaceutical/biotech marketing
- Previous sales or market research experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with KOLs and develop opinion leader programs
- Ability to travel: 30%
- Master of Business Administration preferred
At Vifor Pharma, we use our skills, dedication, and entrepreneurial spirit to offer innovative solutions in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies, so we can help patients around the world live better, healthier lives. This is why we come to work every day.
Are you empowered to create a better world, and be part of life changing work? As a global pharmaceutical company, we offer the chance to be part of a worldwide team, where passion and commitment are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Learn more at viforpharma.com/career.
As we work to support patients, we also take care for our employees’ professional and personal growth and well-being. We show appreciation and recognition through attractive benefits that will enhance your life, develop you, empower you to grow, and create your own career journey with us.
If you find that the role above is not suitable for your experience or career goals, but you want to keep in touch and learn more about Vifor Pharma and future career opportunities, join our Vifor Pharma Talent Community.