Division: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
Seniority Level: Director
Reporting to the Senior Medical Science Director Team Leader, the Medical Science Director (MSD) will participate in the strategic development and tactical execution of plans to engage scientific thought leaders and act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to Health Care Professionals and other members of the scientific community
- Develop clinical knowledge expertise in the hyperkalemia treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, and new therapeutic developments
- Participate and sometimes lead the development and execution of medical strategies to identify key hyperkalemia/nephrology/heart failure experts, investigators, and institutions strategic to research and development efforts
- Develop and ensure alignment in medical education activities for healthcare professionals through MSD-delivered presentations, participation in medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge
- Collaborate with the company clinical team, medical monitors, CRAs, and CTEs to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in the company’s clinical trials
- Respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and support ISS submissions through appropriate internal review and approval processes
- Ensure alignment on content of effective clinical presentations provided to internal and external audiences, ensuring presentations are tailored to meet the specific needs of the audience (appropriate response to unsolicited requests)
- Ensure efficient information exchange between MSD colleagues in the field and office-based clinical, medical affairs, and drug safety team members, so that key clinical, safety and research issues are identified and communicated to and from industry leaders and the appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized Vifor portfolio products
- Identify educational needs within the medical community around hyperkalemia disease state management
- Maintain clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposiums and scientific workshops; review of key journals; and participation in required internal training and presentations
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- MD, PharmD, PhD or other allied medical degree preferred and 2-5 years’ experience with a minimum of two years in field medical
- Ability to travel 40-60%
- Home-office based
- Knowledge and experience in the field of nephrology and/or cardiovascular medicine preferred
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.
At Vifor Pharma, we use our skills, dedication, and entrepreneurial spirit to offer innovative solutions in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies, so we can help patients around the world live better, healthier lives. This is why we come to work every day.
Are you empowered to create a better world, and be part of life changing work? As a global pharmaceutical company, we offer the chance to be part of a worldwide team, where passion and commitment are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Learn more at viforpharma.com/career.
As we work to support patients, we also take care for our employees’ professional and personal growth and well-being. We show appreciation and recognition through attractive benefits that will enhance your life, develop you, empower you to grow, and create your own career journey with us.
If you find that the role above is not suitable for your experience or career goals, but you want to keep in touch and learn more about Vifor Pharma and future career opportunities, join our Vifor Pharma Talent Community.