At Vifor Pharma, our rare disease medical team is expanding. Due to addition of an exciting orphan drug to our rare disease portfolio, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Medical Science Liaison to join our rare disease team in Germany.
This field medical team is supporting 2 orphan products (one is recently launched and the other is in prelaunch)
The territory for this MSL position is Northern part of North-Rhine-Westphalia and Lower Saxony (north western part of Germany).
Working closely with the Medical Lead (Germany), you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain scientific and medical expertise (Orphan disease areas)
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with KOLs, HCPs and professional organisations
KOL engagement, key account medical support, training and other appropriate activities
- Facilitate scientific engagement, scientific exchange and medical information
- Provide Disease State Education, clinical presentations and respond to medical requests
- Update medical team and other internal stakeholders on medical community interactions
- Provide medical support for patient and formulary access following global and local policies and procedures including liaison with patient associations
- Support the development, implementation and completion of medical activities (advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker programs)
- Serves as a medical resource for internal medical and sales training
- Support company sponsored clinical research and IIS process
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences and support development of summaries of key data, presentations or symposium
- Ensure compliance with applicable local and global laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies and procedures
As a Medical Science Liaison, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Doctoral level degree (MD, PharmD or PhD) or MSc in Medical Field (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing, Chemistry or Biology) with experience in clinical practice, research or pharmaceutical medical affairs within Nephrology, Rheumatology or Autoimmune disease
- Deep therapy area knowledge in nephrology, rheumatology or autoimmune diseases
- Demonstrated experience in KOL, HCP or medical community engagement
- Experience in literature review and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in public scientific presentations and experience in planning and delivering medical trainings
- Experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry and a strong understanding of the healthcare compliance requirements locally and globally
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time is a must.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply by submitting your application including your updated CV.