CSL Vifor is a world leader in Nephrology, Iron Deficiency and Cardio-Renal pharmaceutical company, experiencing rapid growth due to pipeline realization and optimization. To support our growth, we are looking for a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) to join our organization in Romania and you will report to the MSL Manager. You will cover 1/3 of the country. The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) position represents Medical Affairs externally and is critical to establishing and maintaining medical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and key accounts on behalf of CSL Vifor. MSLs execute country medical plans locally by representing the medical expertise in CSL Vifor disease states and products and through scientific engagement with the medical community provide disease state education, medical information and research support.
The current prioritized therapeutic areas are cardiology, nephrology and Patient Blood Management (PBM). Your responsibilities and tasks will be the following, but not limited to :
- Develops and maintains medical and scientific expertise on pathologies and Vifor Pharma products
- Identifies, develops, and maintains professional relationships with KOLs, HCPs and Professional Organizations
- Establishes interactions/engagements with key opinion leaders, provides medical support, training, and other appropriate activities
- Facilitates scientific engagement and medical information exchange with KOLs
- Provides medical education regarding pathologies and clinical data, and responds to requests for medical information
- Communicates to the medical team and other internal partners the scientific information obtained in interactions with the medical community
- Provides medical support for patient access programs to Vifor Pharma products as well as (if applicable) for access through local review committees, following global and local policies and procedures.
- Supports the development, implementation, and completion of medical activities (advisory boards, symposia at congresses, hospital level meetings and speaker programs)
- Serves as a medical resource for internal medical training, including the sales team.
- Supports company-sponsored clinical research as well as processes related to IIS type studies (independent investigator-initiated studies)
- Participates in relevant scientific meetings and conferences and supports the development of key clinical data summaries, presentations, or symposia relevant to Vifor Pharma.
- Ensures that all activities and interactions are conducted in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, local and global guidelines, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Develops personal and professional qualities for the permanent improvement of professional skills and capabilities.
- The MSL is expected to work closely with the Medical Representatives (Sales Team) and Marketing Department in the company.
- The MSL is expected to follow scientific and clinical progress in specified therapeutic areas by means of literature, electronic media, international and national meetings and conferences.
- University degree in Medical or Life Science Field (e.g. Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology/ Biochemistry)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in clinical practice, research or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience in KOL, HCP or medical community engagement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Romanian and good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in public scientific presentations
- Ability for overnight travel, up to 50%
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, PharmD, etc.) or Master (equivalent) in the medical field (Pharmacy, Nursing)
- Clinical and/or research experience in Cardiology, Surgery, Hematology, Anesthesiology, Nephrology, Internal Medicine
- 5 years’ experience with pharma industry locally, regionally or globally
- 3 years’ experience as MSL/Field Medical within pharmaceutical experience
- Strong track record in KOL engagement
- Experience in clinical research
- Experience in literature review and analysis
- Experience in planning and delivering Medical Trainings