Vifor Pharma is focused on innovative and patient-focused treatment for chronic kidney disease, iron deficiency and rare diseases. It is a unique opportunity to shape the future by supporting patient access strategies for first-in-class innovative medicines and to support our goal to be a leader in treating kidney disease.
The Market Access Associate will be responsible for the development and execution of patient access strategies across the portfolio, in both Australia and New Zealand, with a focus on achieving optimal patient outcomes. The individual will work collaboratively with local cross-functional teams to support the development of compelling evidence to drive local access strategies, support the development of effective value propositions across a products lifecycle and collaborate with external stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
The position will be based in our relocated brand-new office in the heart of Melbourne CBD and will report to the Director of Patient Access and Innovative Policy.
· Supports the development and execution of patient access strategies in support of key brands and therapeutic areas.
· Supports the development of reimbursement submissions and strategic market assessments for new product entry and growth for established products
· Collaborates with internal and external experts to identify and understand unmet payer and policymaker needs for the Vifor Pharma portfolio
· Effectively monitors healthcare policies to improve patient access by leveraging best practices, existing evidence, and/or by working with Clinical, Medical Affairs and Patient Access teams to create new evidence
· Contributes to the leadership of strategic portfolio plans
· Bachelor’s degree required in a science discipline, Master’s and/or PhD in Healthcare discipline or Business preferred
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry or consulting.
· Knowledge of the principles of Evidence-Based Medicine/ Health Technology Assessment
· Experience in business planning and/or market analysis
· Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and evaluate scientific literature
· Collaborative mindset, Influencing, communication and presentation skills are required
· Strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical materials to non-technical audiences
· Language requirement: English
At Vifor Pharma, we use our skills, dedication, and entrepreneurial spirit to offer innovative solutions in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies, so we can help patients around the world live better, healthier lives. This is why we come to work every day.
Are you empowered to create a better world, and be part of life changing work? As a global pharmaceutical company, we offer the chance to be part of a worldwide team, where passion and commitment are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Learn more at viforpharma.com/career.
As we work to support patients, we also take care for our employees’ professional and personal growth and well-being. We show appreciation and recognition through attractive benefits that will enhance your life, develop you, empower you to grow, and create your own career journey with us.
If you find that the role above is not suitable for your experience or career goals, but you want to keep in touch and learn more about Vifor Pharma and future career opportunities, join our Vifor Pharma Talent Community.