We are looking for a Procurement Lead US to strengthen our Global Procurement team. In this function, you report directly to the Head of International Procurement and work closely with the management team of our US affiliate. Your mission is to develop and implement a procurement strategy to support our US team in their business activities and take advantage of savings opportunities as well as lowering business risk.
Your main tasks are:
· Develop overall Procurement in the US in close collaboration with key stakeholders and the other Procurement Leads within Global Procurement
· Create pragmatic sourcing strategy for the US
· Manage a subset of categories including leading others – both inside and outside of Global Procurement
· Coordinate multi-unit, cross-functional regional projects and supporting of local, regional and global implementations
· Lead and manage competitive bids, contract negotiations and contracting
· Manage suppliers within a number of indirect categories, through a standardized Supplier Relationship Management process
· Identify and implement savings opportunities by applying best practices
· Bring procurement innovation into processes and supplier management
To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an enthusiastic person, bringing excellent negotiating and communication skills, as well as the following profile
· University degree in business, economics, marketing or commercial fields
· At least 5 years’ experience within procurement, consulting, key account management or relevant marketing & sales roles, ideally within pharmaceutical industry or similar
· Strong experience in negotiation & contracting
· Previous working experience with stakeholders at all levels of business organizations and suppliers in a procurement environment
· Strong project management skills: ability to deal with complex initiatives and to lead through persuasion with all levels of the company as well as across different cultures
· Excellent verbal written communication skills in English. Good proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
· Solid financial acumen and strong analytical skills
· SAP knowledge and experience is a plus
You describe yourself as an entrepreneur, who likes to take initiatives and drive the change within the organization. You feel comfortable in a role, where you are involved in cross-functional strategies and need to understand things from multiple perspectives to influence and persuade others. Open-minded and flexible, you can easily work with all levels of the organization and different cultures.
If you are looking for a company, where you can leave your footprint and actively drive the change in procurement strategy, this role is for you!