Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Division: Legal and Compliance
Company: Vifor Pharma
Seniority Level: Director
As a result of continued growth of Vifor Pharma, we are now hiring a Regional Compliance Officer Europe, based at our office in Zurich. In this position, you will be responsible for Compliance activities within the Region, proactively advising and supporting both Vifor Pharma affiliates and partners. You will report directly to the Head of Compliance and support this position on HQ matters. This role will encompass a broad range of tasks, including the following:
Regularly and proactively advise and support Vifor Pharma affiliates and Vifor Pharma partners in the Region on all compliance matters,
Serve as an essential communication link on compliance matters between the business, countries and functions,
Take key role in the approval process for commercial and scientific activities in the Region incl. ad boards, congresses. symposiums, grants, sponsorships, etc.
Deliver and oversee compliance trainings in coordination with HQ Compliance Function
Perform special projects as assigned around the Region by the HQ Compliance Function
Identify opportunities to minimize compliance risks, prevent and detect inconsistent conduct and undertake corrective plans
Conduct and/or participate in internal investigations
Operational Compliance / HQ:
- Regular, proactive advice and support to HQ functions and taking key role in the approval process for commercial and scientific activities incl. ad boards, congresses, symposiums, grants, sponsorships, etc.
- Perform compliance special projects incl. due diligence, monitoring, investigations, implementation of IT tools
- Ensure timely and accurate Vifor Pharma Group transparency reporting
The ideal candidate brings an excellent legal background, including the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in law and / or compliance within Europe
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a global pharmaceutical company, ideally listed in the US or Europe
- Experience with investigations, sanctions, trade and export controls (US/EU/CH), accounting and booking standards
- Strong business and personal ethics and integrity
- Fluency in English and another European language is a must (oral and in writing)
To be successful in this role, you have ability to establish effective working relationships with personnel at all organizational levels. You have high cultural sensitivity, you are self-motivated, proactive and used to working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You have proven project management skills, with the ability to work under significant pressure. You are able to work independently and act with authority and conviction. You have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise guidance and instructions. You have a hands-on mentality to work and are able to prioritize and organise work effectively to meet deadlines. You work in line with the Vifor Pharma values.