CSL Vifor is a global partner of choice for pharmaceuticals and innovative, leading therapies in iron deficiency, dialysis and nephrology & rare disease. We specialize in strategic global partnering, in-licensing and developing, manufacturing and marketing pharmaceutical products for precision healthcare, aiming to help patients around the world lead better, healthier lives.
We are currently looking for a Senior Brand Attorney and Legal Counsel Meta to join us at our operational Headquarters in Zurich. In this combined role, you will be directly reporting to the Head Legal Commercial Operations.
KEY TASKS SENIOR BRAND ATTORNEY
- Support marketed and/or pipeline products: Counsel global internal brand teams regarding advertising and promotion, sales and marketing initiatives, compliance rules and regulations, regulatory authorities (e.g. FDA, EMEA) guidance documents, and industry codes (e.g. EFPIA, PhRMA) as they relate to business activities and communications with HCPs and/or patients or patient advocacy organizations
- Provide legal analysis and risk-based recommendations regarding compliance rules and regulations (e.g., advertising & promotion, fraud & abuse, anti-kickback, privacy, and false claims act statutes) implicated by proposed or existing business strategies
- Responsible for drafting/negotiating agreements relevant to these functions (including with HCPs, vendors, speakers etc.)
- Advise on publication support and medical affairs activities
- Ensure that interactions with healthcare professionals and patients comply with applicable legal requirements and company policies
- Overseeing and providing advice and strategic direction with respect to disputes related to promotional material
KEY TASKS LEGAL COUNSEL MIDDLE EAST, NORTH AFRICA, ISRAEL, TURKEY, SOUTH AFRICA
- To provide general legal advice and support in legal matters to the CSL Vifor Regional organizations.
- To provide legal advice and draft/review agreements concerning interactions with HCPs, HCOs (speaker and advisory board engagements), distribution agreements and local manufacturing in the META Regions, service and consultancy agreements and site-related projects, clinical trial agreements (including IISs), research and grant agreements and agreements regarding regional medical and marketing initiatives, establish PoAs for regulatory purposes, employment law matters
- To establish and implement global and local procedures in close collaboration with CSL Vifor headquarter legal team
- To liaise with third parties’ (e.g. CSL Vifor’s commercialization partners) legal representatives, external counsels and authorities where necessary to address and resolve legal issues and assure CSL Vifor’s optimum legal position in contractual relations and obligations in the regions
- Regular and close alignment, interaction and exchange with the CSL Vifor headquarter legal team as well as legal counsels based outside of HQ
- To act as primary contact for external legal counsels in the regions, as selected and retained in line with the CSL Vifor headquarter legal function.
- Corporate Legal: handle recurring (annually as well as day-to-day) corporate legal tasks for the CSL Vifor affiliates in the Regions in close collaboration with the HQ corporate legal team, including (i) Prepare (in collaboration with local counsel), issue, and file - as required - the approval of annual accounts by the BoDs and AGMs of VP Representative Office Dubai (ii) Further corporate legal tasks and corporate resolutions on an as needed basis, such as e.g. changes in BoDs, issuance of new PoAs, or the update of corporate registers.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Law
- Preferred: LL.M. degree
- Preferred: Admission to the Bar
- 5-7 years PQE as practicing attorney in a law firm or in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry (advertising, promotion, labeling) and sales issues, including promotion, anti-kickback, fraud and abuse matters)
- Experience participating in promotional review committee
- Strong business and personal ethics and integrity
- Previous experience in working for the MENA region
- Experience with sanctions, trade & export controls US/EU/CH, anti-trust law, digital
- Strong network in the MENA region to keep abreast of latest developments and changes in legislation
- Fluent in English, Arabic is an asset