Division: Information Technology
Seniority Level: Specialist
Reporting to the Executive Director, IT, the Senior Business Analyst SAP-FICO is responsible for assessing, estimating, supporting and managing the effective and efficient delivery of the functional aspects of SAP projects, enhancements and service delivery (break/fix) across all supported instances.
The Senior Business Analyst SAP-FICO is the key IT contact for the Relypsa Finance function and collaborates with other team members, business stakeholders, offshore/offsite/other global locations, and external vendors to ensure standard functionality and approved enhancements are successfully delivered. This individual will also play the role of the IT Demand Manager for Relypsa Finance, collaborating with the Global IT Finance Demand Manager.
Additionally, there is a legacy Oracle ERP system in a read only mode, hosted by an external vendor, for which this individual will be the system owner.
- Collaborate with Business Team on SAP functionality demand to identify, document and prioritize Business requirements and consolidate supporting business cases
- Perform design/configurations and small enhancements.
- Prepares functional specifications for conversions and enhancements
- Define solutions within SAP-FICO to meet business requirements
- Complete functionality testing and works with users to gain user acceptance testing sign-off
- Serve as the subject matter expert for key SAP-FICO processes within SAP as well as incoming and outgoing Finance related interfaces
- Provide support in productive System, identifying and implementing approved corrective and preventative actions in a continuous improvement mode
- Keep up to date on industry trends and innovations, changes in accounting rules, and future SAP development for their respective process areas or functional area.
- Periodically share summary of milestones achieved/ past accomplishments/future planned deliverables/risks or issues/help needed
- Support global SAP initiatives
- Interface with Business Partners and IT Teams both including internal resources and external consultants to ensure business requirements are met through proper system configuration and testing. Manage related budgets.
- Work with external contractors to ensure SLAs for service are met
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
At least 8-10 years’ hands-on experience in requirements gathering & documentation, design, testing, implementation and support of the SAP FI-CO modules
Sound technical knowledge acquired from performing SAP configurations, customizations, system administration and working on interfaces.
Thorough knowledge of cross functional integration of SAP FI-CO with SD & MM modules
Solid understanding of Indirect Procurement processes. Good understanding of business process related to SAP FI-CO, MM and SD modules.
Able to articulate solution options and use ERP configuration creatively versus developing enhancements
ERP project management process knowledge is essential
Ability and inclination to learn new business processes and applications including other SAP Modules
Proficiency in use of MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- S4 Hana experience
- Experience managing IT projects
- Knowledge of Indirect Procurement processes
Relypsa, Inc., a Vifor Pharma Group company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage medicines in the iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapeutic areas. Relypsa is committed to delivering innovative therapies and improving the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated. The Companys first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was approved by the U.S. FDA in October 2015, making it the first approved medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years. More information is available at www.relypsa.com or check out our LinkedIn page.