Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Division: Medical Affairs
Seniority Level: Senior Manager
Due to positive data for our new rare disease product and in preparation for launch, we are currently hiring for a Senior Medical Manager to join our Global Medical Affairs team based at our offices in Glattbrugg, Switzerland. The Senior Medical Manager will contribute to development of the medical affairs strategy of the renal orphan drugs portfolio and operationalisation of this strategy.
As a Senior Medical Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the development and execution of medical plan in support of best clinical practices and overall objectives are aligned with Global Medical Affairs plans and brand strategic plan (developed jointly Medical, Marketing and Market Access
- Establish and manage relationships with investigators, KOLs, to optimize delivery in clinical trials
- Interact with global Vifor Clinical Study Team, local Vifor staff (Clinical and Regulatory), and investigational site staff (investigators) to assist with timely, efficient and high quality trial delivery throughout all stages of the study
- Efficient & effective communication, exchange of information across projects & reporting lines
- Identify unmet medical needs, patient pathways, identifying patients for clinical research and to develop a thorough understanding of the disease area
- Support medical affairs activities, medical education, medical publications and new data generation including investigator initiated research
- Support reimbursement applications through development of appropriate medical documents and provision of medical expertise with internal and external partners for HTA process.
- Medical leadership of early access programs including liaison with KOL experts and program design, implementation and analysis
Requirements for this role:
- Medical (M.D.) or Scientific education (Ph.D., Pharm. D.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (Medical Affairs or Clinical Development)
- Strong core Medical Affairs skills (study design, management and conduct of studies, study evaluation and interpretation, medical writing, expert panel conduct, symposium and workshop management, KOL management, presentation development, training skills
- Medical experience with Orphan Drugs/specialized technologies
- Previous direct experience with HTA applications and management of early access programs
- Demonstrated availability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical scientific literature. Knowledge of study design and conduct
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Experience of working with commercial and market access teams as well a strong focus on patient centricity and safety
- Clinical experience within Nephrology or Inflammatory disease
- Track record of scientific and medical publication activity
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you meet the above mentioned requirements, please apply by submitting your updated CV via our careers portal.
The Vifor Pharma Group is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company. It aims to become the global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies. The company is the partner of choice for pharmaceuticals and innovative patient-focused solutions. Vifor Pharma Group strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases lead better, healthier lives. The company develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products for precision patient care. Vifor Pharma Group holds a leading position in all its core business activities and consists of the following companies: Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (a joint company with Fresenius Medical Care); and OM Pharma.
Vifor Pharma Group is headquartered in Switzerland, and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX Swiss Exchange, VIFN, ISIN: CH0364749348).
For more information, please visit www.viforpharma.com/career