In view of our continued global growth we are expanding our production capacities. For this reason we are looking for further support and recruiting our new Senior Development Scientist, specialized in Downstream Purification process at our biotech production site in Meyrin/Geneva. In this position you are accountable for technical aspect related to Downstream process development and optimization and has an in-depth experience in leading technical projects. Reporting to the Head of Process Development your main missions are as follows:
• Establish optimization / development strategies for biotech downstream processes (active principle extraction and purification by MF / UF): lab and pilot scale, scale-up, industrial transposition
• Lead project related to DSP process development and beyond: development for new products (critical process parameters definition, pilot, scale-up, industrialization), current industrial scale process optimization for performance, implementation of innovative technologies.
• Plan and execute development trials in collaboration with the others departments i.e. manufacturing, validation, analytical sciences, quality, RA-CMC: provide appropriate documentation, protocol, reports, in-depth data analysis
• Be the DSP expert to provide the necessary support to production to ensure the robustness and the improvement of current manufacturing processes: troubleshoot, root cause analysis and correct problem with manufacturing and quality teams
• Provide required input to validation teams to develop validation documentation (test protocols and validation plans)
• Anticipate innovation in the field of expertise and manage implementation of new technologies
• Adhere to all measures for protection of health and environment which are in the area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have a Master degree or PhD in biotechnology or related disciplines in addition to the following:
• At least 5 years’ experience
• Relevant experience in pharma biotech industry
• Confirmed experience with Downstream process development and industrial transposition
• Good biotechnology expertise and knowledge in biotechnological engineering
• Applied technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes
• Confirmed experience in project management
• Ability to work alone as well as in project teams as single Point of Contact
• Experience in GxP environment
• Fluency in French and good knowledge in English are a must
Endowed with an entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to manage different cross functional stakeholders. You like to take a step back to analyze situations and propose new strategies. You define yourself as innovative, solution and customer-oriented, methodical person, data and results driven. Thanks to your communication skills, entrepreneurship and strong team spirit, you integrate quickly into a new environment and easily establish collaborative links with other departments.
OM Pharma is a global Geneva-based Biotech company. It is a leader in the prevention of recurrent respiratory and urinary tract infections and is also active in the treatment of vascular diseases.
It operates worldwide through a strong network of international partners and continues to invest into R&D to develop microbial derived immunotherapeutic products addressing acute and chronic immunological disorders resulting from infections and inflammation. OM Pharma is operating to highest Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards which rely on a high level of Biotech competencies and experienced teams.
The company strives to help patients around the world to live better lives by allowing access to a better management of infectious diseases and immunological imbalances.
For more information, please visit: ompharma.com.