Reporting to the US President of CSL Vifor / Vifor Pharma, the US Launch Leader will lead the Marketing and Launch team dedicated to the launch of SNF 472. This position is critical in driving the development and implementation of the brand strategies for upcoming launches, while addressing key strategic issues and maximizing the value of the nephrology franchise through minimizing time to peak sales and optimizing product performance and profitability. The US Launch Leader will be responsible for overseeing the launch strategy, go to market approach, and internal/external stakeholders to achieve US strategic objectives. This person will be charged with leading a matrix team across the organization which ties all capacities needed to make the launch of the product a success (e.g., supply chain, regulatory, medical, clinical development, sales, marketing operations). This position will work across the organization to ensure all stakeholders’ needs and perspectives are integrated into all stages of brand planning from development through commercialization and execution.
- SNF-472 MoA: Inhibits development and progression of vascular calcifications by blocking hydroxyapatite (HAP) crystal formation, the main component of cardiovascular calcification (CVC).
2 indications: in rare diseases, in Hemodialysis, both associated with increased cardiovascular calcification (CVC).
- 1st: Calciphylaxis: Calcification and thrombosis in micro vessels in the subcutaneous adipose tissue and dermis will results in painful dermal lesions that then necrotize. High mortality rate, up to 80% in 1 year, and no approved therapies. Prevalence: 1% of HD patients of patients. Number of patients: 10,000 (US + EU).
- 2nd: Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) in HD: Calcification in the walls of the leg arteries will result in reduced mobility and pain in the lower extremities, it can lead to limb ischemia, gangrene, and amputation.
- Prevalence: ~ 30% in hemodialysis population.
• Develop marketing strategies across the franchise to deliver profitability aligned to US strategic objectives.
• Develop and lead forecast development for the SNF portfolio; set up capabilities to ensure organizational achievement.
• Lead and cultivate Marketing, Operations, and Business Analytics teams to successfully execute on brand and business strategies.
• Collaborate and lead matrix team with:
o Global Pipeline team to ensure alignment on SNF strategy and launch plan.
o All Global Functions, including, but not limited to: supply chain, manufacturing, labeling, and clinical development.
o Market Access to establish a strategically aligned payer and pull-through plan, partnering with regulatory, advocacy, and policy to develop go-to market plan with input from all stakeholders.
o Medical/Clinical Affairs to develop data/analytics in support of disease and product awareness, including development of messaging to HCPs and patients.
o Sales and Business Analytics in identifying market opportunities, establishing budgets, and achieving/exceeding sales goals.
o External stakeholders and partners to implement the identified strategies and tactics.
• Develop go-to-market strategies, market insights, brand position and promotional planning by gathering insights from cross-functional partners, market research, and KOL feedback.
• Develop/maintain key customer loyalty and ensure commercial teams have messaging and tools to promote Vifor-approved products across multiple stakeholders across the US.
• Enable efficient and effective marketing operations and communications. Partner with medical, legal, compliance, regulatory, IT, and other relevant functions to mature internal operating processes; manage the operational cadence of the US marketing program.
• Accountable for budgeting and forecasting process of launch.
• Works closely with Global team to support portfolio expansion and rest of world launches.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- BA/BS required.
- 10+ years of working in the pharma/biotech space, including marketing, sales, and leadership experience (5+ years leading teams).
- Experience with product launches, and rapid turnaround in building and executing launch plans.
- Experience managing, building, and developing a remote team.
- Consistency in completing complex projects and achieving goals on time while delivering high quality results.
- Strong communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross-functionally. Demonstration of Executive level presence.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate with others appropriately and effectively.
- Displays presentation skills (verbal and/or written) that inform, inspire, and persuade.
- Consistently demonstrates compliant behavior consistent with respect to regulatory, legal, corporate, and cultural values of CSL Vifor / Vifor Pharma.
- Prioritizes, adapts to, and executes on business plans or goals.
- Navigates and works within a complex, regulated, and matrixed environment.
- Financial and budgeting skills and experience.
- Able to travel 20–30%.
- Therapeutic area: Nephrology, and/or rare disease.
- Is culturally intuitive, sensitive and experienced with relating to people in other countries.
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.