The purpose of this position is to develop, lead, and deliver US Innovation and Access Policy strategies and support high-level external relations for CSL Vifor Pharma and Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma Ltd. with political institutions and related networks in the US. The jobholder will work closely with identified key decision-makers, policy formulations, and influencing groups to achieve positive outcomes for all external stakeholders. He/she will influence external stakeholders to change policy in support of ongoing innovation in the pharmaceutical industry and patients’ access to healthcare.
Lead Policy strategy and execution in the US
At CSL Vifor enterprise level, continuously monitor ever-changing policy environment, proactively shape business strategy, and engage policy stakeholders.
- Monitor policy development (e.g., I.R.A.; Drug pricing & importation provisions, orphan drug; PDUFA, 340B, Administrative policies, State transparency laws, etc.).
- Perform policy analysis.
- Disseminate strategic and operational implications short- & long-term.
- Provide recommendations for internal strategy and external stakeholder engagement.
- Engage policy stakeholders, leveraging CSL Behring and Fresenius Medical Care partner US presence.
- Align Policy strategy with CSL Vifor and VFMCRP key stakeholders.
At brand level, develop and execute policy push initiatives to shape the external environment and contribute to a favorable policy environment to support pipeline and inline products
- (Injectfer) Strengthen nanomedicine policy shaping, esp. payment pathways; design and implement policy initiatives to support diagnosis and treatment of iron deficiency in HF and peri-operative setting.
- (Korsuva) Ensure appropriate funding post TDAPA.
- (Pipeline, e.g., SNF472) Proactive policy-shaping, ensure pricing and funding at launch.
- (Velphoro) Ensure appropriate funding.
- (Veltassa) Mitigate US policy implications beyond 2025 (life cycle planning).
- Build, maintain, and grow a network of policymakers and policy stakeholders for CSL Vifor and VFMCRP and regularly engages with these organizations/authorities.
- Influence and mobilize internal business partners and external stakeholders to deliver change.
- Be an active and integral member of the business team and collaborate extensively with cross-functional teams to align on business strategy.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with industry and company policies and standards.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
• Master’s Degree in Political Science, Economics, Health Economics, Law, or Public Policy/Public Administration.
• 10-15 years of experience in government affairs and patient advocacy.
• Success track record in US policy analysis, strategy development, and external stakeholder engagement.
• Language requirement: English.
• 5-10 years experience in Pharmaceutical industry.
• 10-15 years of experience in government affairs and patient advocacy, ideally experience of company and institutions.
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.